Protect the Ocean
As go the oceans, so go the rest of the planet. Our own lives and fate are inextricably linked to the health of the ocean. In protecting the ocean, we protect ourselves. There has never been so great a threat to our well-being before. Sadly, since we live our lives on a small portion of that twenty-five percent which is land, we seldom see or recognize the damage and destruction we're doing. By the time most of us find out about it, the damage is already done, and it's nearly too late.
Corporations care only for their profits. That is why they pay the fines and continue to dump toxic and radioactive wastes into our homes. Gambling and cruise ships pour raw sewerage, including noxious chemicals, directly into the seas beneath them. Paper mills pour tons of toxic byproducts into the oceans. Plastic manufacturing plants do the same. For centuries, man has over-fished a bountiful region, driving some species to the brink of extinction, all the while spewing filth into those very waters that sustain us.
Most Recent Blog Posts
- Ocean Armageddon
- Maui Dolphin Near Extinction! – ACTION Alert!
- A Human Issue
- Where Have All The Whalers Gone?
- Oh Impotent We!
- The Contract For The Ady Gil
- PRESS RELEASE: Crew Seats Available on Gyres Research Vessel
- Call To End Use of FADs! Tuna Whistleblower Shows All!
- Colorado Ocean Coalition Symposium a Rousing Success!
- Dr. Sylvia Earle, Louie Psihoyos & Many More at Colorado Ocean Coalition Symposium
- SeaWorld In Court
- Call On Congress For Change! More BP Oil Seeping Into the Gulf!